Cubs' Javier Baez (forearm) avoids injury after exiting Friday's game early
Chicago Cubs shortstop Javier Baez (forearm) avoided a more serious injury after being removed from Friday's game.
Baez was hit by a pitch and removed from Friday's game as a precaution. He is dealing with a right forearm contusion and is expected to be back in action soon.
Baez's projection for the 2021 season includes 82 runs, 28 home runs, 88 RBI, and 11 stolen bases with a 0.261 batting average in 620 plate appearances.
- Angels' Justin Upton (back) scratched on Tuesday, Jon Jay batting eighth against Royals April 13th, 2021
- A.J. Pollock in left field Tuesday for Dodgers April 13th, 2021
- Dodgers' Zach McKinstry sitting Tuesday April 13th, 2021
- Will Smith starting for Dodgers against Rockies April 13th, 2021
- Mookie Betts (back) making return to Dodgers' lineup Tuesday April 13th, 2021
- Justin Turner taking seat for Dodgers Tuesday night April 13th, 2021
- Cubs' Kyle Hendricks (illness) scratched on Tuesday, Alec Mills to start against Brewers April 13th, 2021
- Eric Sogard starting for Cubs Tuesday night April 13th, 2021
- David Bote on second base for Cubs against Brewers April 12th, 2021
- Eric Sogard starting at second base for Cubs Sunday April 11th, 2021
- Chicago's Jake Marisnick sitting on Saturday April 10th, 2021
- Ian Happ batting leadoff for Cubs on Saturday April 10th, 2021