Philadelphia's J.T. Realmuto (thumb) utilizing splint after cast removal
Philadelphia Phillies center J.T. Realmuto (thumb) is utilizing a splint to "allow for more mobility."
Realmuto has not been cleared to throw or hit despite his recent progress from a small thumb fracture before Spring Training. If Realmuto is unable to fully return behind the plate in time for Philadelphia's opener against the Atlanta Braves, expect Andrew Knapp or Jeff Mathis to potentially catch more for the Phillies.
numberFire's models currently project Realmuto to produce a .269 average with 24 home runs and 74 RBI in 530 plate appearances.
- Alex Verdugo absent from Boston's Monday lineup April 12th, 2021
- Red Sox's Christian Arroyo starting Monday afternoon April 12th, 2021
- Hunter Renfroe in center field Monday for Red Sox April 12th, 2021
- Mitch Garver grabbing pitches for Twins versus Red Sox April 12th, 2021
- Max Kepler sitting Monday afternoon for Minnesota April 12th, 2021
- Jorge Polanco taking seat Monday for Twins April 12th, 2021
- Adam Haseley sitting for Phillies Sunday April 11th, 2021
- J.T. Realmuto back in Phillies' lineup Sunday April 11th, 2021
- Roman Quinn starting for Philadelphia Sunday April 11th, 2021
- Andrew Knapp behind the plate for Phillies on Saturday April 10th, 2021
- J.T. Realmuto out of Philadelphia's Saturday lineup against Atlanta April 10th, 2021
- Rhys Hoskins hitting second Wednesday for Phillies April 7th, 2021