Giancarlo Stanton hitting fifth for Yankees in Game 1 versus Indians
New York Yankees designated hitter Giancarlo Stanton is in the starting lineup for Game 1 of the Wild Card Round on Tuesday against right-hander Shane Bieber and the Cleveland Indians.
Stanton will bat fifth to start his third trip to the postseason. He slashed .250/.387/.500 during the regular season while being limited to about a third of the games by various injuries. Luke Voit will play first base and D.J. LeMahieu will move to second while Tyler Wade sits. Gio Urshela will drop a spot and bat sixth. Brett Gardner will start in left field and hit eighth.
numberFire's models expect Stanton to score 10.0 FanDuel points on Tuesday with a salary of $3,800. Per our MLB Heat Map, the Yankees currently have an implied total of 3.3 runs.
- Cardinals' Miles Mikolas' (elbow) recovery slowed by "creaky shoulder" March 7th, 2021
- Astros' Alex Bregman (hamstring) feeling 90% March 7th, 2021
- Toronto's Vladimir Guerrero Jr. "feels like he did in 2018" March 7th, 2021
- Boston's Xander Bogaerts (shoulder) expected to participate in batting practice Tuesday March 7th, 2021
- Maddon: Angeles' Max Stassi (hip) could make spring debut next week March 6th, 2021
- Phillies' J.T. Realmuto (thumb) expects to be ready by Opening Day March 6th, 2021
- Yankees' Gio Urshela (elbow) feels good after spring debut March 5th, 2021
- Giancarlo Stanton batting cleanup as Yankees try to stay alive October 8th, 2020
- Kyle Higashioka starting for Yankees in Wednesday's Game 3 October 7th, 2020
- Brett Gardner in Yankees' Game 3 lineup Wednesday October 7th, 2020
- Gary Sanchez sitting for Yankees in Wednesday's Game 3 October 7th, 2020
- Clint Frazier sitting in Game 3 for New York Wednesday October 7th, 2020