Starling Marte (ear) should be ready for Marlins' postseason
Miami Marlins outfielder Starling Marte (ear) should be ready for the playoffs, per Marlins president Michael Hill.
Marte suffered a left ear contusion when he was hit in the batting helmet by a pitch during Sunday's regular-season finale against the New York Yankees. He is expected to be the Marlins' starting center fielder for Wednesday's Wild Card Series opener against the Chicago Cubs. The veteran enters the postseason in a 1-for-14 slide.
Marte slashed .311/.384/.443 in 33 games with the Arizona Diamondbacks but he dipped to .245/.286/.415 over 28 games for the Marlins. He averaged 10.3 FanDuel points per game overall.
- Rays' Austin Meadows batting third in Game 6 on Tuesday October 27th, 2020
- Ji-Man Choi batting leadoff for Rays in Game 6 on Tuesday October 27th, 2020
- Dodgers' A.J. Pollock batting eighth in Game 6 on Tuesday October 27th, 2020
- Dodgers' Joc Pederson batting eighth in Game 5 on Sunday October 25th, 2020
- Austin Barnes catching for Dodgers in Game 5 of the World Series on Sunday October 25th, 2020
- Joey Wendle batting sixth for Rays in Game 5 on Sunday October 25th, 2020
- Jazz Chisholm making postseason debut for Marlins Thursday afternoon October 8th, 2020
- Matt Joyce in right field for Marlins in Game 2 October 7th, 2020
- Lewis Brinson in right field for Marlins in NLDS Game 1 October 6th, 2020
- Thursday's Cubs-Marlins Game 2 postponed due to rain October 1st, 2020
- Starling Marte sitting for Miami on Thursday in Game 2 October 1st, 2020
- Magneuris Sierra in Marlins' Game 2 lineup Thursday October 1st, 2020