Ryan O'Hearn serving as Royals' designated hitter Thursday
Kansas City Royals first baseman Ryan O'Hearn will bat sixth and play designated hitter in Thursday's series opener against right-hander Michael Fulmer and the Detroit Tigers.
O'Hearn will replace Jorge Soler in the DH spot. Maikel Franco will move up a spot to hit cleanup and Hunter Dozier will bat fifth. O'Hearn is batting below .200 for the second straight season. Dozier tripled and scored a pair of runs against the St. Louis Cardinals on Wednesday.
numberFire's models expect O'Hearn to score 9.9 FanDuel points on Thursday with a salary of $2,300. Per our MLB Heat Map, the Royals currently have an implied total of 5.2 runs.
- Gorgui Dieng starting for Memphis on Saturday in place of injured Brandon Clarke February 6th, 2021
- Rays' Austin Meadows batting third in Game 6 on Tuesday October 27th, 2020
- Ji-Man Choi batting leadoff for Rays in Game 6 on Tuesday October 27th, 2020
- Dodgers' A.J. Pollock batting eighth in Game 6 on Tuesday October 27th, 2020
- Dodgers' Joc Pederson batting eighth in Game 5 on Sunday October 25th, 2020
- Austin Barnes catching for Dodgers in Game 5 of the World Series on Sunday October 25th, 2020
- Alex Gordon leading off for Royals Sunday in final MLB game September 27th, 2020
- Kansas City's Edward Olivares in center field on Saturday September 26th, 2020
- Royals' Ryan McBroom hitting sixth on Saturday September 26th, 2020
- Ryan O'Hearn out of Kansas City's Saturday lineup against Tigers September 26th, 2020
- Ryan O'Hearn serving as Royals' designated hitter Thursday September 24th, 2020
- Franchy Cordero (wrist) active, starting for Royals on Wednesday September 23rd, 2020