Houston's Justin Verlander to undergo Tommy John surgery
Houston Astros pitcher Justin Verlander announced on his Instagram on Saturday that he will undergo Tommy John surgery.
Verlander was working his way back after being shut down nearly two months ago but suffered a set back during Wednesday's simulated game. The 37-year-old will miss the rest of the season and potentially time beyond that.
Verlander will finish the 2020 season with a 3.00 ERA, 0.67 WHIP, 7 strikeouts, and 1 walk in 6 innings pitched.
- Jeremy Lamb (conditioning) questionable Saturday for Pacers January 7th, 2022
- Jorge Soler leading off for Braves in Game 5 on Sunday October 31st, 2021
- Joc Pederson batting fifth in Atlanta's Saturday Game 4 lineup October 30th, 2021
- Jorge Soler heads to Atlanta's bench on Saturday October 30th, 2021
- Joc Pederson heads to Atlanta's bench on Friday night October 29th, 2021
- Braves' Eddie Rosario leading off in Game 2 on Wednesday October 27th, 2021
- Jose Siri out of Houston's Game 3 Friday lineup October 29th, 2021
- Astros' Jose Siri batting eighth in Game 2 on Wednesday October 27th, 2021
- Chas McCormick starting Tuesday for Astros in Game 1 October 26th, 2021
- Astros starting Chas McCormick in center on Friday night October 22nd, 2021
- Jose Siri batting eighth for Houston in Game 5 on Wednesday October 20th, 2021
- Astros' Jake Meyers (shoulder) scratched Tuesday October 19th, 2021