Yankees' Masahiro Tanaka (concussion) will debut Saturday
New York Yankees starting pitcher Masahiro Tanaka (concussion) will make his season debut on Saturday versus the Boston Red Sox.
Tanaka wasn't able to start the season on time after getting hit in the head by a line drive during an intrasquad game shortly before the season. The right-hander threw 35-to-40 pitches in a simulated game last weekend, likely indicating that he will be on a pitch count for his first turn in the rotation.
numberFire's models expect Tanaka to record a 4.41 ERA and 1.22 WHIP with a 22.3 strikeout percentage.
- Gorgui Dieng starting for Memphis on Saturday in place of injured Brandon Clarke February 6th, 2021
- Rays' Austin Meadows batting third in Game 6 on Tuesday October 27th, 2020
- Ji-Man Choi batting leadoff for Rays in Game 6 on Tuesday October 27th, 2020
- Dodgers' A.J. Pollock batting eighth in Game 6 on Tuesday October 27th, 2020
- Dodgers' Joc Pederson batting eighth in Game 5 on Sunday October 25th, 2020
- Austin Barnes catching for Dodgers in Game 5 of the World Series on Sunday October 25th, 2020
- Giancarlo Stanton batting cleanup as Yankees try to stay alive October 8th, 2020
- Kyle Higashioka starting for Yankees in Wednesday's Game 3 October 7th, 2020
- Brett Gardner in Yankees' Game 3 lineup Wednesday October 7th, 2020
- Gary Sanchez sitting for Yankees in Wednesday's Game 3 October 7th, 2020
- Clint Frazier sitting in Game 3 for New York Wednesday October 7th, 2020
- Gary Sanchez catching for Yankees in Game 2 on Tuesday October 6th, 2020