Update: Houston's Justin Verlander (forearm) will be shut down 'for a couple weeks'
According to manager Dustin Baker, Houston Astros pitcher Justin Verlander will be shut down "for a couple weeks" after suffering a forearm strain.
The Astros will re-evaluate Verlander's forearm injury after a few weeks of rest. Framber Valdez should have a solidified rotation spot with Houston's starting pitching depth thinned with multiple injuries.
For this regular season, Valdez's yearly projection includes a 3.38 ERA and 23 strikeouts in 21 total innings.
- Jeremy Lamb (conditioning) questionable Saturday for Pacers January 7th, 2022
- Jorge Soler leading off for Braves in Game 5 on Sunday October 31st, 2021
- Joc Pederson batting fifth in Atlanta's Saturday Game 4 lineup October 30th, 2021
- Jorge Soler heads to Atlanta's bench on Saturday October 30th, 2021
- Joc Pederson heads to Atlanta's bench on Friday night October 29th, 2021
- Braves' Eddie Rosario leading off in Game 2 on Wednesday October 27th, 2021
- Jose Siri out of Houston's Game 3 Friday lineup October 29th, 2021
- Astros' Jose Siri batting eighth in Game 2 on Wednesday October 27th, 2021
- Chas McCormick starting Tuesday for Astros in Game 1 October 26th, 2021
- Astros starting Chas McCormick in center on Friday night October 22nd, 2021
- Jose Siri batting eighth for Houston in Game 5 on Wednesday October 20th, 2021
- Astros' Jake Meyers (shoulder) scratched Tuesday October 19th, 2021