Mariners plan to use six-man rotation at pitcher
Seattle Mariners manager Scott Servais told reporters the team expects to go with a six-man rotation for the 2020 season.
He further explained that the team plans to use Marco Gonzales, Taijuan Walker, Yusei Kikuchi, and Kendall Graveman in their series against the Houston Astros, followed by Justus Sheffield, Justin Dunn, and Marco Gonzales again in their series against the Los Angeles Angels.
One noticeable takeaway from this expected rotation is Walker's ability to pitch second. He has missed most of the past two seasons with injuries, but the shortened season could be beneficial for him. numberFire currently projects Walker to pitch for a 5.34 ERA with 41 strikeouts, 13 walks, and 9 home runs against over 45.50 innings pitched.
- Rays' Austin Meadows batting third in Game 6 on Tuesday October 27th, 2020
- Ji-Man Choi batting leadoff for Rays in Game 6 on Tuesday October 27th, 2020
- Dodgers' A.J. Pollock batting eighth in Game 6 on Tuesday October 27th, 2020
- Dodgers' Joc Pederson batting eighth in Game 5 on Sunday October 25th, 2020
- Austin Barnes catching for Dodgers in Game 5 of the World Series on Sunday October 25th, 2020
- Joey Wendle batting sixth for Rays in Game 5 on Sunday October 25th, 2020
- Travis Shaw starting for Blue Jays versus Rays in Game 2 September 30th, 2020
- Jonathan Villar on Blue Jays' bench Wednesday in Game 2 September 30th, 2020
- Teoscar Hernandez in right field for Toronto in Wild Card opener September 29th, 2020
- Blue Jays' Alejandro Kirk at DH Tuesday in Game 1 September 29th, 2020
- Matt Shoemaker toeing rubber for Blue Jays in Game 1 September 28th, 2020
- Randal Grichuk in Toronto's Sunday lineup September 27th, 2020