Yankees' Luke Voit 'moving a lot better' after weight loss
New York Yankees first baseman Luke Voit said on Friday, "he lost 13 pounds during quarantine, attributing it to a better diet and increased cardio activity."
According to bench coach Carlos Mendoza, Voit looks much quicker on the field after losing weight during quarantine. “When we reported here last week, you could see it right away,” said Mendoza when asked about Voit. “The past few days, watching him move around first base, he's obviously lighter. He's moving a lot better. He's working on his range, moving side to side. We're seeing the results on the field, and hopefully it translates to the games.”
Expect Voit to see the majority of playing time at first base if he can remain healthy. For the upcoming 60-game season, numberFire's models project Voit to produce a .263 batting average with 8 home runs and 24 RBI.
- Indians scratch Mike Clevinger (team protocol violation) for Tuesday, start Adam Plutko instead August 10th, 2020
- Indians name Adam Plutko the starter for Tuesday with Mike Clevinger scratched August 10th, 2020
- Ramon Laureano in Athletics' lineup Monday following brawl August 10th, 2020
- Marcus Stroman (COVID-19 concerns) opts out of pitching for Mets this season August 10th, 2020
- Max Stassi catching for Angels Monday August 10th, 2020
- Francisco Mejia on Padres' bench versus Angels August 10th, 2020
- Erik Kratz back to bench for Yankees Sunday August 9th, 2020
- Gary Sanchez catching for Yankees Sunday August 9th, 2020
- Brett Gardner starting in left field for Yankees Sunday August 9th, 2020
- Yankees Giancarlo Stanton (hamstring) lands on 10-day injured list August 9th, 2020
- Mike Tauchman sitting for Yankees Sunday August 9th, 2020
- Mike Ford starting at designated hitter for Yankees Sunday August 9th, 2020