Eric Lauer (illness) joining Brewers
Milwaukee Brewers starting pitcher Eric Lauer (illness) is joining summer camp on Friday, per Brewers manager Craig Counsell.
Lauer has been dealing with a non-COVID-19-related illness. He was battling a left shoulder impingement back in March that was expected to sideline Lauer for the original Opening Day, but that no longer appears to be a problem. The 25-year-old left-hander is believed to be competing with Corbin Burnes and Freddy Peralta for the Brewers' fifth rotation spot.
Lauer owns a 4.40 ERA and 20.6 strikeout percentage through 261 2/3 innings (53 games, 52 starts) over his first two seasons in the majors. numberFire's models expect Lauer to record a 4.62 ERA and 1.40 WHIP with 47 strikeouts and 18 walks over 50 2/3 innings this season.
- Cubs starting Eric Sogard at second base on Thursday June 24th, 2021
- Rafael Ortega in center field for Cubs on Thursday June 24th, 2021
- Cubs' Jake Marisnick receives Thursday off June 24th, 2021
- Patrick Wisdom out of Cubs' Thursday lineup against Dodgers June 24th, 2021
- Anthony Rizzo batting cleanup for Cubs on Thursday night June 24th, 2021
- Ben Rortvedt in Twins' Thursday lineup June 24th, 2021
- Jackie Bradley on Brewers' bench against Arizona June 23rd, 2021
- Omar Narvaez out of Milwaukee's lineup Wednesday June 23rd, 2021
- Dan Vogelbach put on Brewers' IL with hamstring strain June 23rd, 2021
- Christian Yelich on Brewers' bench Wednesday afternoon June 23rd, 2021
- Brewers' Derek Fisher sitting Monday June 21st, 2021
- Avisail Garcia batting cleanup for Brewers Monday June 21st, 2021