Giancarlo Stanton (calf) expected to open as Yankees' DH
New York Yankees outfielder Giancarlo Stanton (calf strain) is likely to be ready to play designated hitter by Opening Day, per general manager Brian Cashman.
Stanton is working his way back from a right calf strain he suffered in late February. “I think if you’re shooting for the DH role, he could be game-ready," Cashman said. That comment seems to imply that Stanton won't be available in the outfield at the start of the season. Fortunately, both Aaron Judge (rib) and Aaron Hicks (elbow) are on track to be ready for Opening Day.
numberFire's models expect Stanton to bat .266 with 14 homers, 36 RBI, and 31 runs scored in 201 plate appearances this season.
- Max Scherzer set to start for Nationals on Wednesday August 3rd, 2020
- Patrick Corbin to pitch for Nationals on Tuesday August 3rd, 2020
- Aaron Nola to start Tuesday as Phillies return August 3rd, 2020
- Angels send Shohei Ohtani for MRI after Sunday's start August 2nd, 2020
- Dodgers' Mookie Betts (finger) exits Sunday's game in seventh inning August 2nd, 2020
- Heyman: Mets' Yoenis Cespedes reportedly opts out of 2020 season August 2nd, 2020
- Yankees starting Miguel Andujar in left field on Sunday August 2nd, 2020
- Aaron Hicks hitting fifth for Yankees on Sunday August 2nd, 2020
- Brett Gardner out of Yankees' Sunday lineup against Red Sox August 2nd, 2020
- Update: Yankees-Phillies Monday game no longer postponed August 1st, 2020
- Mike Tauchman hitting sixth for Yankees on Saturday August 1st, 2020
- Aaron Hicks out of Yankees' Saturday lineup August 1st, 2020