Mitch Haniger (back, core) on Marlins' 60-day IL
Seattle Mariners outfielder Mitch Haniger (back, core) has been placed on the 60-day injured list.
Haniger, who missed most of last season following surgery for a ruptured testicle, is recovering from a second core operation and a back procedure. He can be added back to the Mariners' active roster once he returns from the IL, so it's possible Haniger plays in 2020. Look for Kyle Lewis, Mallex Smith, and Jake Fraley to man the Mariners' outfield on Opening Day.
Haniger averaged 11.8 FanDuel points per start last season, 75th among hitters. His batting average (.220) was a career-low and his OPS (.777) was the lowest since Haniger's first year in the majors.
- Padres Jorge Ona scratched on Friday, Tommy Pham to start against Mariners September 18th, 2020
- Padres Tommy Pham batting sixth on Friday September 18th, 2020
- Rangers starting Sam Huff behind the plate on Friday September 18th, 2020
- Max Stassi starting on Friday for Los Angeles September 18th, 2020
- Anthony Bemboom sitting for Los Angeles on Friday September 18th, 2020
- Ronald Guzman hitting fifth for Texas on Friday September 18th, 2020
- Tim Lopes sitting on Friday for Mariners September 18th, 2020
- Jose Marmolejos starting for Seattle Friday September 18th, 2020
- J.P. Crawford returns to Seattle's lineup on Wednesday September 16th, 2020
- Luis Torrens catching for Mariners on Wednesday night September 16th, 2020
- Mariners starting Phillip Ervin in right field on Wednesday September 16th, 2020
- Giants-Mariners game postponed Tuesday due to air conditions September 15th, 2020