Brewers' Ryan Braun likely back in 2021
Milwaukee Brewers outfielder Ryan Braun told reporters that he's now more likely to return in 2021.
Braun, who is entering the final guaranteed year of his contract with the Brewers, had previously indicated that 2020 could be his last season. “I would say everything happening in our world, the COVID stuff specifically, certainly changes the dynamic,” Braun said. “This season will be nothing like a normal baseball season experience. I think that all factors into changing the way I am thinking about things right now. I would say based on where I’m at now, there is a higher likelihood that I would be interested in playing another year now than I thought there would be three or four months ago.” The 36-year-old is expected to be the Brewers' primary designated hitter for the 60-game season, and there's a strong chance that the DH will wind up sticking in the National League for 2021.
Braun has only been in the DH spot for 103-of-7,199 career plate appearances and 23-of-1,637 career starts. He's slashed .266/.324/.511 as the DH, compared to .298/.360/.533 overall). Last season, Braun set three-year highs in batting average (.285), on-base percentage (.343), and slugging percentage (.505).
- Max Scherzer set to start for Nationals on Wednesday August 3rd, 2020
- Patrick Corbin to pitch for Nationals on Tuesday August 3rd, 2020
- Aaron Nola to start Tuesday as Phillies return August 3rd, 2020
- Angels send Shohei Ohtani for MRI after Sunday's start August 2nd, 2020
- Dodgers' Mookie Betts (finger) exits Sunday's game in seventh inning August 2nd, 2020
- Heyman: Mets' Yoenis Cespedes reportedly opts out of 2020 season August 2nd, 2020
- Cardinals-Brewers Sunday doubleheader postponed August 1st, 2020
- Milwaukee's Lorenzo Cain opts out of 2020 season August 1st, 2020
- Saturday's Cardinals-Brewers matchup postponed August 1st, 2020
- Cardinals-Brewers rescheduled for Sunday doubleheader July 31st, 2020
- Cardinals-Brewers postponed Friday following positive test July 31st, 2020
- Brock Holt on third base for Brewers versus Pirates July 29th, 2020