Sam Tuivailala released by Mariners
Right-handed pitcher Samuel Tuivailal was released by the Seattle Mariners on Friday.
Tuivailal dealt with a shoulder issuer that kept him from appearing in the Cactus League and may have played a part in his surprise release from the team. Assuming his shoulder doesn't hold him back, the 27-year-old shouldn't have any issue finding a new team.
Tuivailal took part in 23 games for Seattle in 2019. He faced 94 batters and recorded a 2.35 ERA, 1.04 WHIP, and 27 strikeouts.
- Rays expect 'zero limitations' for Blake Snell (elbow) during future spring training May 25th, 2020
- Yankees' Aaron Hicks progressing in his rehab from Tommy John surgery May 14th, 2020
- James Paxton (back) throwing simulated innings in preparation for Yankees' season May 14th, 2020
- Yankees' Aaron Judge (rib) wouldn't have been ready until "summertime" May 14th, 2020
- Rangers' Willie Calhoun (jaw) 'back up to 100 percent' May 2nd, 2020
- Heyman: 'Early July remains MLB's target' for 2020 regular season May 2nd, 2020
- Sam Tuivailala released by Mariners March 20th, 2020
- Seattle's Mitch Haniger (back) out at least another month February 20th, 2020
- Dan Vogelbach returns to Seattle's lineup on Sunday September 29th, 2019
- Seattle's Omar Narvaez catching on Sunday September 29th, 2019
- Mariners' Dee Gordon starting at second base on Sunday September 29th, 2019
- Mariners' Mallex Smith in center field on Saturday September 28th, 2019