Cleveland's Mike Clevinger (knee) participates in throwing drills from 150 feet on Tuesday
Cleveland Indians starting pitcher Mike Clevinger (knee) has advanced to simulations off the mound after throwing from 150 feet on Tuesday.
After completing mound simulations on Tuesday, Clevinger felt optimistic about his recovery from recent knee surgery. “Yeah, I mean, they’re obviously monitoring and playing it all really safe, but kind of letting me see how my body is reacting," said Clevinger when asked about his status. "We started rolling today. It was a really, really, really promising day of catch.”
Expect the Cleveland right-hander to possibly return in April if he can continue his progress. For the upcoming 2020 regular season, our models project Clevinger to produce a 3.57 ERA and 219 strikeouts in 179 innings pitched.
- Boston's Collin McHugh (elbow) expected to be ready for opening day July 3rd, 2020
- Rays' Jose Martinez absent from first day of summer workouts July 3rd, 2020
- Rockies' Charlie Blackmon (illness) unavailable for start of summer workouts July 3rd, 2020
- Padres' Tommy Pham tests positive for COVID-19 July 3rd, 2020
- Twins' Rich Hill (elbow) throws bullpen session July 3rd, 2020
- Twins' Willians Astudillo headed to COVID-19 injured list July 3rd, 2020
- Indians' Emmanuel Clase suspension shortened to 60 games, will miss full 2020 season June 25th, 2020
- Indians' Mike Clevinger (knee) to throw bullpen Monday March 9th, 2020
- Indians' Carlos Carrasco (hip) makes spring training debut Tuesday March 4th, 2020
- Cleveland's Mike Clevinger (knee) participates in throwing drills from 150 feet on Tuesday March 3rd, 2020
- Indians' Mike Clevinger (knee) out 6-to-8 weeks February 15th, 2020
- Cleveland's Mike Clevinger scheduled for surgery after suffering left knee injury February 14th, 2020