Jose Altuve in Astros' two-hole for ALCS Game 3 Tuesday afternoon
Houston Astros second baseman Jose Altuve is starting Game 3 of the American League Championship Series against right-hander Luis Severino and the New York Yankees on Tuesday afternoon.
The Astros apparently want to avoid having three right-handed hitters in a row, so Altuve is trading places in the lineup with Michael Brantley after batting third the past four games. Yuli Gurriel and Yordan Alvarez have also flip-flopped, with the former now hitting fifth and the latter sixth. Altuve is hitting .370/.414/.778 with 3 homers, 5 RBI, and 4 runs scored through 29 plate appearances this postseason.
numberFire's models project Altuve for 13.3 FanDuel points in Game 3, at a cost of $4,200. The Astros are road favorites with an implied total of 4.08 runs.
- Yankees' Aaron Hicks progressing in his rehab from Tommy John surgery May 14th, 2020
- James Paxton (back) throwing simulated innings in preparation for Yankees' season May 14th, 2020
- Yankees' Aaron Judge (rib) wouldn't have been ready until "summertime" May 14th, 2020
- Rangers' Willie Calhoun (jaw) 'back up to 100 percent' May 2nd, 2020
- Heyman: 'Early July remains MLB's target' for 2020 regular season May 2nd, 2020
- Orioles' Trey Mancini (cancer) expects to miss season April 28th, 2020
- Astros' Justin Verlander (groin) on schedule, doing well March 31st, 2020
- Astros' Yordan Alvarez (knees) could return Wednesday March 9th, 2020
- Astros' Justin Verlander shut down with lat strain March 9th, 2020
- Astros' Justin Verlander dealing with triceps soreness March 8th, 2020
- Astros' Justin Verlander to play on Tuesday February 27th, 2020
- Astros' Lance McCullers (elbow) making spring debut this weekend February 27th, 2020