Brandon Lowe on Rays' bench versus Astros in ALDS Game 5
Tampa Bay Rays second baseman Brandon Lowe is not starting Thursday night in Game 5 of the American League Division Series against right-hander Gerrit Cole and the Houston Astros.
Lowe has struggled this series, going 4-for-19 with 8 strikeouts, though he did deliver a home run and a double over the last two games. Eric Sogard is starting on second base for the Rays and batting fifth in the elimination matchup.
The Rays are heavy underdogs on the road and have an implied total of just 2.64 runs against Cole and the Astros in Game 5.
- Philadelphia's Andrew McCutchen (knee) ready for 2020 season April 4th, 2020
- Cubs-Cardinals London Series officially canceled April 1st, 2020
- Astros' Justin Verlander (groin) on schedule, doing well March 31st, 2020
- Red Sox's Chris Sale undergoes Tommy John March 30th, 2020
- Mets' Noah Syndergaard reportedly requires Tommy John for elbow injury March 24th, 2020
- Sam Tuivailala released by Mariners March 20th, 2020
- Rays' Brendan McKay (shoulder) to debut Friday March 3rd, 2020
- Rays' Blake Snell (elbow) to practice Tuesday March 2nd, 2020
- Yandy Diaz (foot) still sitting for Rays in ALDS Game 5 October 10th, 2019
- Travis d'Arnaud cleaning up Thursday for Rays in ALDS Game 5 October 10th, 2019
- Brandon Lowe on Rays' bench versus Astros in ALDS Game 5 October 10th, 2019
- Eric Sogard starting for Rays Thursday in ALDS Game 5 October 10th, 2019