Lorenzo Cain (ankle) expects to play for Brewers in Wild Card game
Milwaukee Brewers center fielder Lorenzo Cain (ankle) expects to play in Tuesday's National League Wild Card game against the Washington Nationals.
Cain added that he'll need to test the ankle before getting cleared. The 33-year-old veteran sat out Sunday's finale after suffering the injury on Saturday.
Cain batted .260 with 11 homers, 30 doubles, 48 RBI, 18 steals, and 75 runs scored in 623 plate appearances (148 games) this season.
- Scott Kingery (undisclosed), others quietly placed on Phillies IL July 2nd, 2020
- Cubs' Jose Quintana underwent thumb surgery July 2nd, 2020
- Miguel Andujar could play in Yankees' outfield July 1st, 2020
- Yankees' Masahiro Tanaka back from Japan July 1st, 2020
- Cardinals' Jordan Hicks (Tommy John) ruled out for Opening Day July 1st, 2020
- Giants' Tony Watson in running for closer job July 1st, 2020
- Brewers have 'small number' of coronavirus cases June 26th, 2020
- Brewers' Ryan Braun likely back in 2021 June 25th, 2020
- Brewers' Adrian Houser says exit was precautionary March 3rd, 2020
- Brewers' Luis Urias (wrist) participating in batting practice March 3rd, 2020
- Brewers' Adrian Houser leaves early with 'discomfort' March 2nd, 2020
- Brewers reportedly agree to deal with Brock Holt on Monday February 17th, 2020