Jose Iglesias sitting for Reds in Sunday's season finale
Cincinnati Reds shortstop Jose Iglesias is not starting in Sunday afternoon's season finale against right-hander Trevor Williams and the Pittsburgh Pirates.
Iglesias went 3-for-4 -- including a go-ahead RBI double in the 12th inning -- with 2 RBI, 2 walks, and a run scored on Saturday in a 4-2 victory over the Pirates. Jose Peraza is moving to shortstop in place of Iglesias on Sunday, with Kyle Farmer making the start on second base and batting sixth.
Iglesias owns a .288/.318/.407 batting line with 11 homers, 59 RBI, 6 steals, and 62 runs scored over 146 games this season.
- Julio Urias will start 2020 season in Dodgers' rotation February 22nd, 2020
- Seattle's Mitch Haniger (back) out at least another month February 20th, 2020
- Toronto's Vladimir Guerrero Jr. likely to bat cleanup in 2020 February 20th, 2020
- Ross: Cubs 'committed' to Kris Bryant as leadoff hitter in 2020 February 20th, 2020
- Yankees' Aaron Judge (shoulder) 'dealing with crankiness and soreness' February 18th, 2020
- Cardinals' Miles Mikolas (forearm) shut down 3-4 weeks February 18th, 2020
- Reds' Eugenio Suarez (shoulder) participates in Sunday's on-field activities February 16th, 2020
- Brian O'Grady starting for Cincinnati in finale with Pirates September 29th, 2019
- Tucker Barnhart on Reds' bench in Sunday's finale September 29th, 2019
- Jose Iglesias sitting for Reds in Sunday's season finale September 29th, 2019
- Tucker Barnhart starting behind the plate for Cincinnati on Saturday September 28th, 2019
- Cincinnati's Joey Votto batting second on Saturday September 28th, 2019