Javier Baez scratched for Cubs Thursday due to illness, Ian Happ added to lineup
Chicago Cubs shortstop Javier Baez has been scratched from Thursday's starting lineup against the Philadelphia Phillies due to illness.
Baez is just 1-for-15 over the last five games, so a day off may behoove the All-Star infielder. David Bote is moving to shortstop while Ian Happ is now starting on second base and batting fifth. Kyle Schwarber is in the cleanup spot after initially being lined up seventh. Anthony Rizzo is leading off while Albert Almora is in the nine-hole.
Baez is batting .286/.318/.547 with 28 homers, 32 doubles, 81 RBI, 10 steals, and 82 scores in 500 plate appearances (118 games) this season.
- Colorado's Daniel Murphy sitting on Saturday September 21st, 2019
- Colorado's Chi Chi Gonzalez scratched, Kyle Freeland starting on Saturday September 21st, 2019
- Rockies' Nolan Arenado receives Saturday off September 21st, 2019
- Rockies' Sam Hilliard in center field on Saturday September 21st, 2019
- Rangers' Isiah Kiner-Falefa starting behind the plate on Saturday September 21st, 2019
- Scott Heineman in left field for Texas on Saturday September 21st, 2019
- Cubs' Victor Caratini catching Saturday September 21st, 2019
- Ben Zobrist batting fifth Saturday for the Cubs September 21st, 2019
- Cubs' Willson Contreras sitting Saturday September 21st, 2019
- David Bote sitting Saturday for the Cubs September 21st, 2019
- David Bote starting for Chicago on Friday September 20th, 2019
- Ben Zobrist sitting on Friday for Chicago September 20th, 2019