CC Sabathia (knee) placed on Yankees' injured list
New York Yankees starting pitcher CC Sabathia has been placed on the 10-day injured list due to a right knee ailment.
Sabathia is dealing with right knee inflammation, and he'll be on the shelf for a minimum of 10 days after getting shelled in his last start. Tyler Wade has been recalled from Scranton/Wilkes-Barre in his stead, and the Yankees will roll with a four-man starting rotation with Sabathia's spot being filled by an opener.
In 90.3 innings pitched this season, Sabathia has a 5-6 record with a 4.78 ERA, 1.37 WHIP, 82 strikeouts and 30 walks.
- Rafael Ortega resting Thursday for Cubs May 26th, 2022
- Andrelton Simmons sitting for Cubs Thursday afternoon May 26th, 2022
- Willson Contreras (hamstring) back Thursday for Cubs May 26th, 2022
- Wednesday's contest between Red Sox and White Sox to start at 8:40 pm EST May 25th, 2022
- Kurt Suzuki starting at catcher for Angels on Wednesday May 25th, 2022
- Jonah Heim cleaning up Wednesday for Rangers May 25th, 2022
- DJ LeMahieu (wrist) still sidelined Wednesday for Yankees May 25th, 2022
- Yankees' Jose Trevino joining bench Wednesday May 25th, 2022
- Joey Gallo active, starting Wednesday for Yankees May 25th, 2022
- Yankees place Giancarlo Stanton (calf) on IL May 25th, 2022
- Marwin Gonzalez now on Yankees' hot corner Tuesday May 24th, 2022
- DJ LeMahieu scratched Tuesday for Yankees, Marwin Gonzalez added to lineup May 24th, 2022