Marlins' Zac Gallen to make MLB debut Thursday
The Miami Marlins will promote pitching prospect Zac Gallen from Triple-A New Orleans to start Thursday against the St. Louis Cardinals, per Craig Mish of FNTSY Sports Radio.
Pablo Lopez is going on the injured list with a possible shoulder injury, so Gallen is filling the void in the Marlins' rotation. The 23-year-old right-hander will be making his major league debut against the team that traded him away for Marcell Ozuna two offseasons ago. The Cardinals drafted Gallen in the third round in 2016.
Gallen has put on a clinic in New Orleans this season, spinning a 1.77 ERA and 0.71 WHIP with 112 strikeouts and 17 walks across 91 1/3 innings (14 starts).
- Orioles' Mason Williams leaves Tuesday's game early with an injury September 17th, 2019
- Boston's J.D. Martinez leaves Tuesday's game early with a groin injury September 17th, 2019
- Angels' Luis Rengifo exits game with hand injury on Tuesday September 17th, 2019
- Ji-Man Choi cleaning up for Rays on Tuesday September 17th, 2019
- Travis d'Arnaud catching for Rays on Tuesday September 17th, 2019
- Mike Zunino heads to the Tampa Bay bench on Tuesday September 17th, 2019
- Marlins' Jorge Alfaro exits Tuesday night's game with wrist injury September 17th, 2019
- Harold Ramirez on Marlins' bench Tuesday September 17th, 2019
- Isan Diaz starting for Marlins Tuesday night September 17th, 2019
- Jon Berti leading off for Miami on Monday September 16th, 2019
- Isan Diaz sitting for Marlins in opener with Arizona September 16th, 2019
- Austin Dean in left field Monday for Marlins September 16th, 2019