Brewers' Corey Knebel battling elbow issue
Milwaukee Brewers reliever Corey Knebel is dealing with an elbow issue, manager Craig Counsell revealed Thursday.
“There’s reason for concern,” Counsell conceded. It appears Knebel may join Jeremy Jeffress on the injured list to open the year, which could lead to the Brewers signing free agent closer Craig Kimbrel. The 27-year-old right-hander is set to be examined Thursday.
Prior to this announcement, numberFire's models expected Knebel to pick up 25 saves while recording a 2.99 ERA and 1.20 WHIP with 99 strikeouts and 29 walks across 63 1/3 innings this season.
- Carlos Beltran stepping down as manager of Mets January 16th, 2020
- Nationals defeat Astros in Game 7, Stephen Strasburg named World Series MVP October 31st, 2019
- Kurt Suzuki (hip) scratched from Nationals' Game 7 lineup, Yan Gomes now catching Max Scherzer October 30th, 2019
- Robinson Chirinos starting for Houston in Game 6 October 29th, 2019
- Martin Maldonado sitting for Houston in Game 6 October 29th, 2019
- Josh Reddick in Astros' Game 6 lineup October 29th, 2019
- Josh Hader blows save, Brewers knocked out by Nationals October 2nd, 2019
- Brewers' Ben Gamel sitting on Tuesday October 1st, 2019
- Milwaukee's Lorenzo Cain in center field on Tuesday October 1st, 2019
- Brewers' Cory Spangenberg resting on Tuesday October 1st, 2019
- Milwaukee's Ryan Braun batting fifth on Tuesday October 1st, 2019
- Milwaukee's Lorenzo Cain (ankle) listed on Tuesday's Wild Card roster October 1st, 2019