Angels sign Matt Harvey to 1-yr, $11M deal
MLB.com's Mark Feinsand reports that free agent pitcher Matt Harvey has agreed to a contract with the Los Angeles Angels.
The deal is reportedly for one-year, $11M with another $3M available with incentives. The soon-to-be 30-year-old Harvey hopes he can rebuild his value with a strong year in pitcher-friendly Angels Stadium, before pursuing one last long-term deal in 2019.
Havery posted a 4.94 ERA and 1.30 WHIP with 131 strikeouts in 155 innings between the New York Mets and Cincinnati Reds in 2018.
- Yankees' Aaron Hicks progressing in his rehab from Tommy John surgery May 14th, 2020
- James Paxton (back) throwing simulated innings in preparation for Yankees' season May 14th, 2020
- Yankees' Aaron Judge (rib) wouldn't have been ready until "summertime" May 14th, 2020
- Rangers' Willie Calhoun (jaw) 'back up to 100 percent' May 2nd, 2020
- Heyman: 'Early July remains MLB's target' for 2020 regular season May 2nd, 2020
- Orioles' Trey Mancini (cancer) expects to miss season April 28th, 2020
- Athletics' A.J. Puk (shoulder) to play catch on Tuesday March 9th, 2020
- A.J. Puk diagnosed with shoulder strain for Oakland March 4th, 2020
- Oakland's Robbie Grossman starting in Wednesday's AL Wild Card game against Tampa Bay October 2nd, 2019
- Sean Murphy catching for Oakland in AL Wild Card game on Wednesday October 2nd, 2019
- Oakland's Matt Olson batting cleanup in AL Wild Card game against Tampa Bay October 2nd, 2019
- Oakland's Mark Canha starting in Wednesday's AL Wild Card game against the Rays October 2nd, 2019