Red Wings' Kyle Quincey will have ankle surgery
Detroit Red Wings defenseman Kyle Quincey will undergo ankle surgery on Saturday.
This is a tough break for Quincey and the Red Wings. He last played on October 23, and the surgery will likely keep him out for another six weeks.
Quincey has three points (one goal, two assists) in seven games played this year, but more importantly has an average time on ice of 18 minutes. The Red Wings will have to continue to lean on defensemen Niklas Kronwall, Mike Green, Danny DeKeyser and Jonathan Ericsson with Quincey out for an extended time.
- NHL suspends 2019-2020 season March 12th, 2020
- Blues take home first Stanley Cup in franchise history June 13th, 2019
- Nikita Kucherov signs 8-year extension with Lightning July 10th, 2018
- Kings, Drew Doughty agree to eight-year extension June 30th, 2018
- John Carlson, Capitals agree to 8-year extension June 25th, 2018
- Sharks sign Evander Kane to massive seven-year deal May 24th, 2018
- Minnesota's Devan Dubnyk starting on the road against Detroit October 5th, 2017
- Wild rolling with Devan Dubnyk in Game 2 against St. Louis April 14th, 2017
- Devan Dubnyk will try for his third straight win on Thursday for the Wild April 6th, 2017
- Devan Dubnyk dons pads Tuesday as Wild attempt to secure seeding April 4th, 2017
- Alex Stalock making his first start of the season for Minnesota tonight March 30th, 2017
- Wild starting Devan Dubnyk in goal on Tuesday March 28th, 2017