Sharks' Joe Thornton (knee) out indefinitely with MCL injury
According to The Athletic's Kevin Kurz, San Jose Sharks center Joe Thornton will out indefinitely after suffering an injury to his MCL on Tuesday night.
General manager Doug Wilson said that the team is awaiting MRI results but that they expected the 38-year-old to be out "several weeks." Thornton had undergone surgery this summer for a torn ACL and MCL in his left knee.
Through 47 games, Thornton has produced 13 goals and 36 points while averaging 10.7 FanDuel points in 18.3 minutes of ice time.
- T.J. Oshie scores a pair as Capitals force Game 7 in Eastern Conference Final May 22nd, 2018
- Marc-Andre Fleury leads Vegas to a berth in the Stanley Cup Finals May 20th, 2018
- Vegas' Marc-Andre Fleury earns 72nd career playoff win, moves to eighth all-time May 17th, 2018
- Marc-Andre Fleury makes 28 saves as Golden Knights shut out Sharks, advance to Western Conference Finals May 7th, 2018
- Taylor Hall scores 1 goal, 2 assists as Devils defeat Lightning in Game 3 April 17th, 2018
- Lightning's Steven Stamkos (lower body) will play Thursday against New Jersey April 12th, 2018
- Sharks' Joe Thornton (knee) out indefinitely with MCL injury January 24th, 2018
- Martin Jones gets the nod in goal for the Sharks on Thursday October 12th, 2017
- Martin Jones starting in goal for the Sharks on Wednesday October 4th, 2017
- Martin Jones manning the crease for San Jose in Game 5 April 20th, 2017
- Martin Jones will defend the post for San Jose on Thursday April 6th, 2017
- Martin Jones will tend the twine for San Jose on Tuesday April 4th, 2017