Toronto's Auston Matthews (upper body) won't play Thursday night
Toronto Maple Leafs center Auston Matthews will not play Thurday against the New Jersey Devils, according to Sportsnet's Chris Johnston.
For Matthews, this will be his fourth straight game he's missed with an upper body ailment. The specifics aren't known but he appears close to making a return to the ice. His next chance to play will be on Saturday against the Montreal Canadiens.
Through 16 games, Matthews has 10 goals on 53 shots. He's also averaging 18.9 FanDuel points per game to this point in his second NHL season.
- Taylor Hall scores 1 goal, 2 assists as Devils defeat Lightning in Game 3 April 17th, 2018
- Lightning's Steven Stamkos (lower body) will play Thursday against New Jersey April 12th, 2018
- Sidney Crosby secures hat trick in Penguins' Game 1 win over Flyers April 12th, 2018
- Buffalo's Jack Eichel (ankle) will return to the ice on Saturday March 17th, 2018
- Bruins' Patrice Bergeron (foot) out at least 2 weeks February 27th, 2018
- Penguins acquire Derick Brassard from Senators February 23rd, 2018
- Toronto's Auston Matthews (upper body) won't play Thursday night November 16th, 2017
- Toronto's Auston Matthews (upper body) not playing on Wednesday night November 8th, 2017
- Maple Leafs' Frederik Andersen confirmed as Wednesday's starting goalie October 11th, 2017
- Frederik Andersen starting in goal for Toronto on Monday October 9th, 2017
- Frederik Andersen starting Toronto's season-opener in Winnipeg October 4th, 2017
- Frederik Andersen will be in goal for Toronto in Game 5 April 21st, 2017