Toronto's Auston Matthews (upper body) won't play Thursday night
Toronto Maple Leafs center Auston Matthews will not play Thurday against the New Jersey Devils, according to Sportsnet's Chris Johnston.
For Matthews, this will be his fourth straight game he's missed with an upper body ailment. The specifics aren't known but he appears close to making a return to the ice. His next chance to play will be on Saturday against the Montreal Canadiens.
Through 16 games, Matthews has 10 goals on 53 shots. He's also averaging 18.9 FanDuel points per game to this point in his second NHL season.
- Keith Kinkaid starting for Devils on Tuesday in place of Cory Schneider (illness) January 16th, 2018
- Cory Schneider (illness) won't be in net for Devils on Tuesday January 16th, 2018
- Ducks' Ryan Kesler (hip) to make season debut Wednesday night December 27th, 2017
- Ducks' Corey Perry is week-to-week with lower-body injury December 12th, 2017
- Matt Murray (lower-body) considered week-to-week for Penguins November 28th, 2017
- Bruins' Brad Marchand (undisclosed) won't play in next two games November 14th, 2017
- Toronto's Auston Matthews (upper body) won't play Thursday night November 16th, 2017
- Toronto's Auston Matthews (upper body) not playing on Wednesday night November 8th, 2017
- Maple Leafs' Frederik Andersen confirmed as Wednesday's starting goalie October 11th, 2017
- Frederik Andersen starting in goal for Toronto on Monday October 9th, 2017
- Frederik Andersen starting Toronto's season-opener in Winnipeg October 4th, 2017
- Frederik Andersen will be in goal for Toronto in Game 5 April 21st, 2017