Caps' Philipp Grubauer will be handle goalie duties versus Lightning
The Washington Capitals are giving backup goalie Philipp Grubauer the start in goal on Monday.
Grubauer is making his first appearance of the season after Braden Holtby was in goal the first two games. Grubauer was solid last season for the Caps, posting a 2.03 goals against average, .926 save percentage, and 3 shutouts in 24 games played in 2016-17.
Our models project Grubauer for 2.4 goals allowed, 26.8 saves, and a 57.0% chance of winning for 19.2 FanDuel points on Monday.
- NHL suspends 2019-2020 season March 12th, 2020
- Blues take home first Stanley Cup in franchise history June 13th, 2019
- Nikita Kucherov signs 8-year extension with Lightning July 10th, 2018
- Kings, Drew Doughty agree to eight-year extension June 30th, 2018
- John Carlson, Capitals agree to 8-year extension June 25th, 2018
- Sharks sign Evander Kane to massive seven-year deal May 24th, 2018
- Jonathan Bernier will start in goal for Colorado on Friday night October 13th, 2017
- Semyon Varlamov to man the crease for Colorado on Wednesday October 11th, 2017
- Semyon Varlamov is starting Monday for Avalanche October 9th, 2017
- Semyon Varlamov starting between the pipes for Colorado to open the season October 5th, 2017
- Calvin Pickard will man the crease one more time for the Avalanche April 9th, 2017
- Avalanche asking Calvin Pickard to stop the Blackhawks April 4th, 2017