Mike Smith making his Flames debut on Wednesday
Calgary Flames goalkeeper Mike Smith is making his debut in-goal for the Flames on Wednesday against the Edmonton Oilers.
Smith had spent the last six seasons with Arizona, but he was traded this offseason to Calgary and he will serve as their starting goalie this season. It's a tough matchup for Smith in his first game in a new uniform.
numberFire's models project Smith for 3.0 goals allowed, with 28.4 saves on 31.3 shots against. We project him for a 29.0% chance of recording a win along with 14.5 FanDuel points at a cost of $7,800. He is our 6th-ranked fantasy goalie on the opening night slate.
- NHL suspends 2019-2020 season March 12th, 2020
- Blues take home first Stanley Cup in franchise history June 13th, 2019
- Nikita Kucherov signs 8-year extension with Lightning July 10th, 2018
- Kings, Drew Doughty agree to eight-year extension June 30th, 2018
- John Carlson, Capitals agree to 8-year extension June 25th, 2018
- Sharks sign Evander Kane to massive seven-year deal May 24th, 2018
- Oilers' Cam Talbot will start on Monday against the Jets October 9th, 2017
- Cam Talbot named the Oilers' starting goalie for Wednesday's home game October 4th, 2017
- Laurent Brossoit defending the post for Edmonton on Sunday April 9th, 2017
- Cam Talbot will don the pads as Edmonton visists San Jose April 6th, 2017
- Oilers will have Cam Talbot between the posts on Tuesday April 4th, 2017
- Oilers' Cam Talbot to man the crease against the Kings March 28th, 2017