Jhonas Enroth taking over Toronto's goalie duties Wednesday night
Toronto Maple Leafs goalie Jhonas Enroth has been named the starter for tonight's contest against the New Jersey Devils.
The Maple Leafs are on the second end of a back-to-back and Frederik Andersen has started the past 10 games for them, so he'll get a much-deserved breather tonight versus the Devils. This is the third start of the season for Enroth, who has struggled in his previous starts, losing both while posting a .866 save percentage and 4.40 goals-against average.
The Maple Leafs are 27th in the league, according to numberFire's NHL Team Power Rankings, while the Devils check in at 18th.
- NHL suspends 2019-2020 season March 12th, 2020
- Blues take home first Stanley Cup in franchise history June 13th, 2019
- Nikita Kucherov signs 8-year extension with Lightning July 10th, 2018
- Kings, Drew Doughty agree to eight-year extension June 30th, 2018
- John Carlson, Capitals agree to 8-year extension June 25th, 2018
- Sharks sign Evander Kane to massive seven-year deal May 24th, 2018
- Ducks' Ryan Kesler (hip) to make season debut Wednesday night December 27th, 2017
- Ducks' Corey Perry is week-to-week with lower-body injury December 12th, 2017
- Ducks' Ryan Getzlaf (face) might miss two months following surgery November 7th, 2017
- John Gibson is the Ducks' starting goalie on Friday night October 13th, 2017
- John Gibson gets the call Wednesday for Ducks October 11th, 2017
- John Gibson starting at goalie for the Ducks on Monday October 9th, 2017