Blues' Jaden Schwartz (elbow) to make season debut Thursday
St. Louis Blues winger Jaden Schwartz (elbow) will play for the first time this season on Thursday versus the Edmonton Oilers.
Schwartz was originally expected to be out until at least the end of the month, so this is welcome news for him and the Blues as he only missed four games. "He hasn't missed any time as far as ice," Blues coach Ken Hitchcock said. "He's been practicing with us for a week now. He looks like he's got a lot of jump. He looks like he's ready to play. Sure there's going to be a tempo issue because he was only able to play the one exhibition game. But I think he's going to be up to speed right away." David Perron will likely bump down to the third line after he had been logging some ice time with Alexander Steen and Vladimir Tarasenko while Schwartz was out.
In 79 contests over the rest of the season, our models expect Schwartz to record 20 goals and 54 points.
- NHL suspends 2019-2020 season March 12th, 2020
- Nikita Kucherov signs 8-year extension with Lightning July 10th, 2018
- Kings, Drew Doughty agree to eight-year extension June 30th, 2018
- John Carlson, Capitals agree to 8-year extension June 25th, 2018
- Sharks sign Evander Kane to massive seven-year deal May 24th, 2018
- T.J. Oshie scores a pair as Capitals force Game 7 in Eastern Conference Final May 22nd, 2018
- Blues take home first Stanley Cup in franchise history June 13th, 2019
- Jake Allen starting in goal for the Blues on Thursday night October 12th, 2017
- Carter Hutton will start for Blues on Tuesday October 10th, 2017
- Jake Allen starting in goal for Blues on Monday October 9th, 2017
- Blues' Jake Allen will start Wednesday's season-opener October 4th, 2017
- Jake Allen getting the nod in Game 2 for Blues April 14th, 2017