Rangers sign J.T. Miller to a two-year deal
Winger J.T. Miller has signed a two-year, $5.25 million contract extension with the New York Rangers.
Miller will earn $2.5 million for the upcoming season and another $2.75 million for the 2017-18 season. This is a significant increase from what he earned last season ($874,000), but it's not surprising considering how he produced. Miller's 43 points were 20 more than his previous career high. He was heading to arbitration on August 2, but that hearing is no longer necessary.
Miller played 82 games last season, 24 more than his previous career high, and posted career bests in goals (22) and assists (21). He was average at driving possession, however, posting a Corsi For Percentage of 49.2 and a Relative Corsi For Percentage at Even Strength of 2.7.
- Keith Kinkaid starting for Devils on Tuesday in place of Cory Schneider (illness) January 16th, 2018
- Cory Schneider (illness) won't be in net for Devils on Tuesday January 16th, 2018
- Ducks' Ryan Kesler (hip) to make season debut Wednesday night December 27th, 2017
- Ducks' Corey Perry is week-to-week with lower-body injury December 12th, 2017
- Matt Murray (lower-body) considered week-to-week for Penguins November 28th, 2017
- Toronto's Auston Matthews (upper body) won't play Thursday night November 16th, 2017
- Rangers rolling with Henrik Lundqvist on Friday night October 13th, 2017
- Henrik Lundqvist draws call for Rangers on Tuesday October 10th, 2017
- Rangers' Ondrej Pavelec starting in net against Canadiens on Sunday October 8th, 2017
- Henrik Lundqvist starting in goal for the Rangers October 5th, 2017
- Henrik Lundqvist starting Game 5 for the Rangers April 20th, 2017
- Henrik Lundqvist starting for Rangers Friday in Game 2 April 14th, 2017