Rangers sign J.T. Miller to a two-year deal
Winger J.T. Miller has signed a two-year, $5.25 million contract extension with the New York Rangers.
Miller will earn $2.5 million for the upcoming season and another $2.75 million for the 2017-18 season. This is a significant increase from what he earned last season ($874,000), but it's not surprising considering how he produced. Miller's 43 points were 20 more than his previous career high. He was heading to arbitration on August 2, but that hearing is no longer necessary.
Miller played 82 games last season, 24 more than his previous career high, and posted career bests in goals (22) and assists (21). He was average at driving possession, however, posting a Corsi For Percentage of 49.2 and a Relative Corsi For Percentage at Even Strength of 2.7.
- Buffalo's Jack Eichel (ankle) will return to the ice on Saturday March 17th, 2018
- Bruins' Patrice Bergeron (foot) out at least 2 weeks February 27th, 2018
- Penguins acquire Derick Brassard from Senators February 23rd, 2018
- Montreal's Shea Weber (foot) to undergo surgery, miss remainder of season February 22nd, 2018
- Flyers' Wayne Simmonds (upper body) to miss 2-3 weeks February 20th, 2018
- Sharks' Joe Thornton (knee) out indefinitely with MCL injury January 24th, 2018
- Andrei Vasilevskiy is starting in goal for the Lightning on Monday October 16th, 2017
- Andrei Vasilevskiy gets the start on Monday for Tampa Bay October 9th, 2017
- Andrei Vasilevskiy will start as Tampa Bay battles Florida October 6th, 2017
- Lightning sign Tyler Johnson to seven-year deal July 11th, 2017
- Lightning rolling with Andrei Vasilevskiy against Sabres April 9th, 2017
- Steven Stamkos (knee) unlikely to return for Tampa Bay's final two games April 7th, 2017