Rangers sign J.T. Miller to a two-year deal
Winger J.T. Miller has signed a two-year, $5.25 million contract extension with the New York Rangers.
Miller will earn $2.5 million for the upcoming season and another $2.75 million for the 2017-18 season. This is a significant increase from what he earned last season ($874,000), but it's not surprising considering how he produced. Miller's 43 points were 20 more than his previous career high. He was heading to arbitration on August 2, but that hearing is no longer necessary.
Miller played 82 games last season, 24 more than his previous career high, and posted career bests in goals (22) and assists (21). He was average at driving possession, however, posting a Corsi For Percentage of 49.2 and a Relative Corsi For Percentage at Even Strength of 2.7.
- Jaccob Slavin inks a seven-year extension with the Hurricanes July 12th, 2017
- Lightning sign Tyler Johnson to seven-year deal July 11th, 2017
- Penguins' Marc-Andre Fleury accepts waiver of no-move clause June 12th, 2017
- Frederick Gaudreau's goal in Game 4 makes history as Predators tie series June 6th, 2017
- Filip Forsberg scores as Predators tie Stanley Cup Finals 2-2 June 6th, 2017
- Roman Josi picks up three points as Predators take Game 3 June 4th, 2017
- Henrik Lundqvist starting Game 5 for the Rangers April 20th, 2017
- Henrik Lundqvist starting for Rangers Friday in Game 2 April 14th, 2017
- Rangers starting Antti Raanta in their regular season finale April 9th, 2017
- Henrik Lundqvist manning the post for Rangers on Wednesday April 5th, 2017
- Rangers rolling with Henrik Lundqvist against Pittsburgh March 31st, 2017
- Rangers green-light Henrik Lundqvist for Sunday's road game March 26th, 2017