Capitals' Karl Alzner stays off the ice Wednesday
Washington Capitals defenseman Karl Alzner (upper body) missed his second straight practice on Wednesday.
Despite that, Capitals' coach Barry Trotz still expects Alzner to participate in Game 1 on Thursday against the Pittsburgh Penguins.
Alzner is known more for his defensive abilities than his point production, but he still managed 21 points (four goals, 17 assists) this season to tie his career high, and his 207 blocked shots were third most in the league. Alzner tallied two points -- both assists -- in the Capitals' opening playoff series win against the Philadelphia Flyers, while blocking 13 shots in six games.
- NHL suspends 2019-2020 season March 12th, 2020
- Blues take home first Stanley Cup in franchise history June 13th, 2019
- Nikita Kucherov signs 8-year extension with Lightning July 10th, 2018
- Kings, Drew Doughty agree to eight-year extension June 30th, 2018
- John Carlson, Capitals agree to 8-year extension June 25th, 2018
- Sharks sign Evander Kane to massive seven-year deal May 24th, 2018
- Montreal's Shea Weber (foot) to undergo surgery, miss remainder of season February 22nd, 2018
- Carey Price will defend the post in Montreal on Tuesday October 10th, 2017
- Carey Price starting in net for Canadiens on Sunday October 8th, 2017
- Canadiens give Carey Price the nod for Thursday's season-opener October 5th, 2017
- Carey Price looking to give Montreal the series lead on Thursday April 20th, 2017
- Carey Price will man the crease for Montreal in Game 4 April 18th, 2017