Leafs ink Morgan Rielly to a six-year deal
Toronto Maple Leafs defender Morgan Rielly has inked a six-year contract with the Leafs.
The Leafs have sold off a lot of spare parts, but they were intent on locking up Rielly. His new deal with have an average annual value of $5 million.
Rielly led the Leafs' defense in scoring with a career-high 36 points in 82 games this past campaign. The 22-year-old defender also averaged a team-leading 23:13 of ice time per game and he has a bright future ahead of him. He owned a career-best 50.6 Corsi For Percentage while posting a career-low -2.7 Relative Corsi For Percentage at Even Strength.
- NHL suspends 2019-2020 season March 12th, 2020
- Blues take home first Stanley Cup in franchise history June 13th, 2019
- Nikita Kucherov signs 8-year extension with Lightning July 10th, 2018
- Kings, Drew Doughty agree to eight-year extension June 30th, 2018
- John Carlson, Capitals agree to 8-year extension June 25th, 2018
- Sharks sign Evander Kane to massive seven-year deal May 24th, 2018
- Toronto's Auston Matthews (upper body) won't play Thursday night November 16th, 2017
- Toronto's Auston Matthews (upper body) not playing on Wednesday night November 8th, 2017
- Maple Leafs' Frederik Andersen confirmed as Wednesday's starting goalie October 11th, 2017
- Frederik Andersen starting in goal for Toronto on Monday October 9th, 2017
- Frederik Andersen starting Toronto's season-opener in Winnipeg October 4th, 2017
- Frederik Andersen will be in goal for Toronto in Game 5 April 21st, 2017