Andrew Hammond allows three second-period goals in Ottawa defeat
Ottawa Senators netminder Andrew Hammond made 20 saves Wednesday night and allowed three second-period goals in the Senators' 3-1 loss to the New York Islanders.
Hammond got the start against the Isles largely because fellow goalie Craig Anderson allowed three goals on 21 shots to the Washington Capitals in a 4-2 loss Tuesday. The performances were similar.
Hammond is now 5-9-4 with a goals against average of 2.72 and save percentage of .912. In a backup role, Hammond is having a forgettable season.
- NHL suspends 2019-2020 season March 12th, 2020
- Blues take home first Stanley Cup in franchise history June 13th, 2019
- Nikita Kucherov signs 8-year extension with Lightning July 10th, 2018
- Kings, Drew Doughty agree to eight-year extension June 30th, 2018
- John Carlson, Capitals agree to 8-year extension June 25th, 2018
- Sharks sign Evander Kane to massive seven-year deal May 24th, 2018
- Minnesota's Devan Dubnyk starting on the road against Detroit October 5th, 2017
- Wild rolling with Devan Dubnyk in Game 2 against St. Louis April 14th, 2017
- Devan Dubnyk will try for his third straight win on Thursday for the Wild April 6th, 2017
- Devan Dubnyk dons pads Tuesday as Wild attempt to secure seeding April 4th, 2017
- Alex Stalock making his first start of the season for Minnesota tonight March 30th, 2017
- Wild starting Devan Dubnyk in goal on Tuesday March 28th, 2017