Jean-Francois Berube picks up win for Islanders
New York Islanders netminder Jean-Francois Berube, in his first start since February 2, played well Wednesday night and was the winning goalie in the Islanders' 3-1 victory over the visiting Ottawa Senators.
Berube stopped 22 of the 23 shots he faced and improved his record to 2-1-1. Don't be surprised if Berube is assigned a few more starts before injured goalie Jaroslav Halak (groin) returns to action.
The 24-year-old backup has a goals against average of 2.19 and save percentage of .929.
- NHL suspends 2019-2020 season March 12th, 2020
- Blues take home first Stanley Cup in franchise history June 13th, 2019
- Nikita Kucherov signs 8-year extension with Lightning July 10th, 2018
- Kings, Drew Doughty agree to eight-year extension June 30th, 2018
- John Carlson, Capitals agree to 8-year extension June 25th, 2018
- Sharks sign Evander Kane to massive seven-year deal May 24th, 2018
- Blue Jackets' Sergei Bobrovsky will start in goal on Friday October 13th, 2017
- Sergei Bobrovsky is starting for the Blue Jackets on Friday October 6th, 2017
- Columbus looking to Sergei Bobrovsky to keep their season alive April 20th, 2017
- Blue Jackets make Scott Hartnell a healthy scratch for Game 4 April 18th, 2017
- Joonas Korpisalo is manning the crease for Columbus on Sunday April 9th, 2017
- Joonas Korpisalo named the starter Thursday for Columbus April 6th, 2017