Islanders tab Jean-Francois Berube to start in goal
New York Islanders goalie Jean-Francois Berube will be in the crease for Wednesday's home game against the Ottawa Senators.
In his last start, Berube stood on his head on March 15, stopping 33 of 34 shots in the Islanders’ shootout loss to the Pittsburgh Penguins. It was an exceptional outing for Berube, who is now 1-1-1 with a 2.52 goals against average and .924 save percentage in three starts this season. Tonight, he will take on a Senators team which is on the tail-end of a back-to-back set and has lost five of their last eight games.
We project Berube to allow 2.53 goals on 26.85 shots with a 60 percent chance of getting the win. He is our second-ranked netminder for a light two-game slate. With a price tag of just $6,500 on FanDuel, he's our top value play of the night by a significant margin.
- NHL suspends 2019-2020 season March 12th, 2020
- Blues take home first Stanley Cup in franchise history June 13th, 2019
- Nikita Kucherov signs 8-year extension with Lightning July 10th, 2018
- Kings, Drew Doughty agree to eight-year extension June 30th, 2018
- John Carlson, Capitals agree to 8-year extension June 25th, 2018
- Sharks sign Evander Kane to massive seven-year deal May 24th, 2018
- Blue Jackets' Sergei Bobrovsky will start in goal on Friday October 13th, 2017
- Sergei Bobrovsky is starting for the Blue Jackets on Friday October 6th, 2017
- Columbus looking to Sergei Bobrovsky to keep their season alive April 20th, 2017
- Blue Jackets make Scott Hartnell a healthy scratch for Game 4 April 18th, 2017
- Joonas Korpisalo is manning the crease for Columbus on Sunday April 9th, 2017
- Joonas Korpisalo named the starter Thursday for Columbus April 6th, 2017