Justin Abdelkader boosts Red Wings past Jets
Detroit Red Wings forward Justin Abdelkader helped spur the Red Wings' comeback on Thursday night by tallying an assist and scoring the go-ahead goal in the third period as Detroit beat the Winnipeg Jets, 3-2.
Abdelkader assisted on Dylan Larkin's 20th goal of the season in the second period when the Wings were trailing 2-0. He then notched the winner with his 17th goal of the year, giving him 36 points in 67 contests.
We have Abdelkader projected to tally four more goals and five more assists over the remainder of the season. His 49.5 Corsi For Percentage and -5.9 Relative Corsi For Percentage at Even Strength are both career-worst numbers.
- Nikita Kucherov signs 8-year extension with Lightning July 10th, 2018
- Kings, Drew Doughty agree to eight-year extension June 30th, 2018
- John Carlson, Capitals agree to 8-year extension June 25th, 2018
- Sharks sign Evander Kane to massive seven-year deal May 24th, 2018
- T.J. Oshie scores a pair as Capitals force Game 7 in Eastern Conference Final May 22nd, 2018
- Marc-Andre Fleury leads Vegas to a berth in the Stanley Cup Finals May 20th, 2018
- Red Wings starting Petr Mrazek against Vegas on Friday night October 13th, 2017
- Petr Mrazek will defend Red Wings' net against Stars October 10th, 2017
- Jimmy Howard starting at home for the Red Wings on Thursday October 5th, 2017
- Jimmy Howard donning the pads for Detroit on Sunday April 9th, 2017
- Jimmy Howard will be in net as the Red Wings take on the Senators April 4th, 2017
- Petr Mrazek donning the pads on Monday for Detroit April 3rd, 2017