Kings' Kris Versteeg could play Monday night
Los Angeles Kings winger Kris Versteeg (upper body) may play Monday against the Vancouver Canucks.
If Versteeg does suit up, he'll likely skate with Kyle Clifford and Nick Shore. Versteeg said Monday morning he felt good, so it's possible he plays in his third game with the Kings.
Versteeg has 33 points (11 goals, 22 assists) in 65 games played this season with the Carolina Hurricanes and Kings, although he's yet to record a point with Los Angeles. He was excellent at driving possession with Carolina, posting a 57.1 Corsi For Percentage and 5.5 Relative Corsi For at Even Strength. We project Versteeg to tally another nine points (three goals, six assists) over the remaining course of the season.
- NHL suspends 2019-2020 season March 12th, 2020
- Blues take home first Stanley Cup in franchise history June 13th, 2019
- Nikita Kucherov signs 8-year extension with Lightning July 10th, 2018
- Kings, Drew Doughty agree to eight-year extension June 30th, 2018
- John Carlson, Capitals agree to 8-year extension June 25th, 2018
- Sharks sign Evander Kane to massive seven-year deal May 24th, 2018
- Flames tap Mike Smith to start in goal on Friday night October 13th, 2017
- Mike Smith starting between the crease for Flames on Wednesday October 11th, 2017
- Mike Smith starting at goalie for the Flames on Monday October 9th, 2017
- Mike Smith making his Flames debut on Wednesday October 4th, 2017
- Flames will have Brian Elliott in goal as they look for first win of the playoffs April 17th, 2017
- Jon Gillies will make his NHL debut for Calgary on Thursday April 6th, 2017