Jets' Nikolaj Ehlers has eye injury, without a timetable to return
Winnipeg Jets winger Nikolaj Ehlers' visor broke when he was struck by the puck Thursday night against the New York Islanders, resulting in an eye injury.
Ehlers has blood in his eye chamber, but beyond that, the severity of his injury is still being determined. He'll be shutdown completely until the blood dissipates, which means he won't be engaging in any off-ice activities. Winnipeg has called up J.C. Lipon for now.
Ehlers has 31 points (13 goals, 18 assists) in 63 games played this season and has been good at driving possession. His Corsi For Percentage is 54.8, and his Relative Corsi For at Even Strength is 3.7. We had projected Ehlers to tally another nine points (four points, five assists) over the remaining course of the season, but with the playoffs out of reach for the Jets, there's no need to rush Ehlers back.
- NHL suspends 2019-2020 season March 12th, 2020
- Blues take home first Stanley Cup in franchise history June 13th, 2019
- Nikita Kucherov signs 8-year extension with Lightning July 10th, 2018
- Kings, Drew Doughty agree to eight-year extension June 30th, 2018
- John Carlson, Capitals agree to 8-year extension June 25th, 2018
- Sharks sign Evander Kane to massive seven-year deal May 24th, 2018
- Jets starting Connor Hellebuyck against the Canucks October 12th, 2017
- Connor Hellebuyck starting in goal for Winnepeg on Monday October 9th, 2017
- Steve Mason starting between the pipes in Winnipeg's season-opener October 4th, 2017
- Eric Comrie set to make first career start as Jets square off with Columbus April 6th, 2017
- Michael Hutchinson to start in goal for Jets on Tuesday April 4th, 2017
- Jets rolling with Michael Hutchinson as they host the Ducks March 30th, 2017