Montreal's Tom Gilbert (knee) is done for the season
Montreal Canadiens defenseman Tom Gilbert will miss the rest of the season following surgery on his left knee.
He appeared to suffer a foot injury when he blocked a shot in Friday's shootout win over the Philadelphia Flyers, but that isn't what the team announced Monday. Gilbert may have been trade bait for the Canadiens, but now he is off the board and could test unrestricted free agency in the summer.
He ends the campaign with one goal and one assist in 45 games. Gilbert's -5.5 Relative Corsi For Percentage at Even Strength is a career low while his 49.0 Corsi For Percentage is a touch better than his 48.1 career average.
- NHL suspends 2019-2020 season March 12th, 2020
- Blues take home first Stanley Cup in franchise history June 13th, 2019
- Nikita Kucherov signs 8-year extension with Lightning July 10th, 2018
- John Carlson, Capitals agree to 8-year extension June 25th, 2018
- Sharks sign Evander Kane to massive seven-year deal May 24th, 2018
- T.J. Oshie scores a pair as Capitals force Game 7 in Eastern Conference Final May 22nd, 2018
- Kings Buddy Hield reportedly tests positive for COVID-19 June 24th, 2020
- Kings' Jabari Parker reportedly tests positive for COVID-19 June 24th, 2020
- Richaun Holmes starting for the Kings on Wednesday, Dewayne Dedmon coming off the bench October 30th, 2019
- Marvin Bagley will start for the Kings on Wednesday October 17th, 2018
- Kings, Drew Doughty agree to eight-year extension June 30th, 2018
- Jonathan Quick starting in net for Kings' season opener October 5th, 2017