Flames' Karri Ramo (torn ACL) is done for the season
Atlanta Flames netminder Karri Ramo will miss the rest of the campaign with a torn ACL and meniscus damage.
This is a tough blow for Calgary, but it's even worse for Ramo. There was a time this season when he was the undisputed Flames' starter, but now Jonas Hiller and Joni Ortio will get a chance to make their case for the job. All three goaltenders are scheduled to become free agents this summer (although Ortio will be a restricted free agent), so the stakes are high.
Ramo finished with a 2.63 goals against average and .909 save percentage in 37 contests.
- NHL suspends 2019-2020 season March 12th, 2020
- Blues take home first Stanley Cup in franchise history June 13th, 2019
- Nikita Kucherov signs 8-year extension with Lightning July 10th, 2018
- Kings, Drew Doughty agree to eight-year extension June 30th, 2018
- John Carlson, Capitals agree to 8-year extension June 25th, 2018
- Sharks sign Evander Kane to massive seven-year deal May 24th, 2018
- Flames tap Mike Smith to start in goal on Friday night October 13th, 2017
- Mike Smith starting between the crease for Flames on Wednesday October 11th, 2017
- Mike Smith starting at goalie for the Flames on Monday October 9th, 2017
- Mike Smith making his Flames debut on Wednesday October 4th, 2017
- Flames will have Brian Elliott in goal as they look for first win of the playoffs April 17th, 2017
- Jon Gillies will make his NHL debut for Calgary on Thursday April 6th, 2017