Drew Stafford gets one-game suspension for Jets
Winnipeg Jets winger Drew Stafford has been suspended for one game for a high-sticking incident against Colorado Avalanche defenseman Nick Holden.
Stafford caught Holden up high during the second period and received four minutes in the penalty box for the infraction. The suspension will keep Stafford out of the lineup against the St. Louis Blues on Tuesday, but he'll be able to play on Thursday versus the Boston Bruins.
Stafford has 28 points (16 goals, 12 assists) in 49 games played this season and has improved his ability to drive possession. His Corsi For Percentage is 51.5, and his Relative Corsi For Percentage at Even Strength is 2.7, both of which are career highs. We project him to record another 17 points (eight goals, nine assists) over the remaining course of the season.
- NHL suspends 2019-2020 season March 12th, 2020
- Blues take home first Stanley Cup in franchise history June 13th, 2019
- Nikita Kucherov signs 8-year extension with Lightning July 10th, 2018
- Kings, Drew Doughty agree to eight-year extension June 30th, 2018
- John Carlson, Capitals agree to 8-year extension June 25th, 2018
- Sharks sign Evander Kane to massive seven-year deal May 24th, 2018
- Taylor Hall scores 1 goal, 2 assists as Devils defeat Lightning in Game 3 April 17th, 2018
- Keith Kinkaid starting for Devils on Tuesday in place of Cory Schneider (illness) January 16th, 2018
- Cory Schneider (illness) won't be in net for Devils on Tuesday January 16th, 2018
- Cory Schneider starting in goal for the Devils on Friday October 13th, 2017
- Devils' Cory Schneider in goal against the Leafs October 11th, 2017
- Cory Schneider is starting for Devils against Sabres October 9th, 2017