Blues' Alex Pietrangelo, David Backes each record two assists
St. Louis Blues defenseman Alex Pietrangelo was one of two St. Louis players who assisted on both of the Blues' goals in a 2-1 victory over the Detroit Red Wings on Wednesday night.
David Backes accomplished the same feat. Pietrangelo and Backes set up Ty Rattie's goal at 18:01 of the first period to give the Blues a 1-0 lead. They went up 2-0 at 12:13 of the third period when Pietrangelo and Backes assisted on a goal by Dmitrij Jaskin. Rattie and Jaskin both notched their third goals of the season in this game. The Blues are 5-1-0 in their past six games.
Backes has 12 goals and 16 assists this season. Our rest-of-season projections have him netting 10 more goals while dishing out 12 more helpers. Both his Corsi For Percentage (48.9) and Relative Corsi For Percentage at Even Strength (-4.6) are career-worst numbers. Pietrangelo has three goals and 18 assists this year, and we project him to post three goals and 13 assists the rest of the way. His -4.4 Relative Corsi For Percentage at Even Strength and 49.8 Corsi For Percentage are lower than his career averages.
- NHL suspends 2019-2020 season March 12th, 2020
- Nikita Kucherov signs 8-year extension with Lightning July 10th, 2018
- Kings, Drew Doughty agree to eight-year extension June 30th, 2018
- John Carlson, Capitals agree to 8-year extension June 25th, 2018
- Sharks sign Evander Kane to massive seven-year deal May 24th, 2018
- T.J. Oshie scores a pair as Capitals force Game 7 in Eastern Conference Final May 22nd, 2018
- Blues take home first Stanley Cup in franchise history June 13th, 2019
- Jake Allen starting in goal for the Blues on Thursday night October 12th, 2017
- Carter Hutton will start for Blues on Tuesday October 10th, 2017
- Jake Allen starting in goal for Blues on Monday October 9th, 2017
- Blues' Jake Allen will start Wednesday's season-opener October 4th, 2017
- Jake Allen getting the nod in Game 2 for Blues April 14th, 2017