Canucks acquires Emerson Etem from Rangers for Jensen, sixth-rounder
Right winger Emerson Etem has been traded to the Vancouver Canucks in exchange for winger Nicklas Jensen and a 2017 sixth-round pick.
What we have here is a swap of two underwhelming first rounders. Etem has seen his fair share of locker rooms, having been drafted by the Anaheim Ducks, before being shipped to the Rangers in the summer of 2015 in a deal that also involved Carl Hagelin. However, Etem never meshed well with head coach Alain Vigneault's squad. He's got a better shot at finding his game with former Western Hockey League coach Willie Desjardins in Vancouver.
Etem has three assists through 19 games this season. We project him to net two goals and add another four assists over 31 games through the rest of the year. His plus/minus sits at -4.
- NHL suspends 2019-2020 season March 12th, 2020
- Blues take home first Stanley Cup in franchise history June 13th, 2019
- Nikita Kucherov signs 8-year extension with Lightning July 10th, 2018
- Kings, Drew Doughty agree to eight-year extension June 30th, 2018
- John Carlson, Capitals agree to 8-year extension June 25th, 2018
- Sharks sign Evander Kane to massive seven-year deal May 24th, 2018
- Antti Raanta starting between the pipes for the Coyotes on Thursday October 12th, 2017
- Antti Raanta will start for Coyotes in Las Vegas on Tuesday October 10th, 2017
- Coyotes' Louis Domingue gets the start on the road against Anaheim October 5th, 2017
- Arizona putting Louis Domingue in goal versus the Canucks April 6th, 2017
- Coyotes giving Mike Smith a road start in Dallas April 4th, 2017
- Louis Domingue will be in net as Arizona hosts Washington March 31st, 2017