Jimmy Hayes posts goal, assist in Boston win
Boston Bruins forward Jimmy Hayes produced a goal and an assist in the Bruins' 3-0 shutout triumph over the visiting Pittsburgh Penguins Wednesday night.
Hayes assisted on Max Talbot's first goal of the season at 9:52 of the first period. It was his ninth assist of the season. He also scored his fifth goal of the season on a tip-in at the 4:00 minute mark of the second period. Hayes had gone 15 games without a goal. Ryan Spooner assisted on Hayes' goal -- his 10th helper of the season -- and scored his eighth into an empty net at 17:17 of the third period. Patrice Bergeron and Loui Eriksson each assisted on Spooner's goal, their 21st and 15th assists, respectively.
After scoring 35 points in 72 games a year ago, Hayes has scored five goals and dished out nine assists in 28 games this season. Our projections have him maintaining this pace as we forecast him for 11 more goals and 13 more assists over the remainder of the season.
- NHL suspends 2019-2020 season March 12th, 2020
- Blues take home first Stanley Cup in franchise history June 13th, 2019
- Nikita Kucherov signs 8-year extension with Lightning July 10th, 2018
- Kings, Drew Doughty agree to eight-year extension June 30th, 2018
- John Carlson, Capitals agree to 8-year extension June 25th, 2018
- Sharks sign Evander Kane to massive seven-year deal May 24th, 2018
- Sidney Crosby secures hat trick in Penguins' Game 1 win over Flyers April 12th, 2018
- Penguins acquire Derick Brassard from Senators February 23rd, 2018
- Matt Murray (lower-body) considered week-to-week for Penguins November 28th, 2017
- Penguins rolling with Antti Niemi in goal on Thursday October 12th, 2017
- Matt Murray will start for Penguins against Capitals October 11th, 2017
- Antti Niemi gets the start in net for Penguins on Thursday October 5th, 2017