Brian Boyle scores short-handed goal to lift Lightning
Tampa Bay Lightning center Brian Boyle scored a shorthanded goal to lift the Lightning to a 2-1 victory over the Columbus Blue Jackets on Monday night.
With the game tied at 1-1, Boyle notched his eighth goal of the season with the Lightning a man short at 6:13 of the third period. Tampa Bay was using a shorthanded roster, as well. The Lightning dressed 11 forwards because of injuries and lost another in the first five minutes of the game. Lightning forward Joel Vermin sustained an upper-body injury five minutes into the game and did not return. Vermin, in his sixth NHL game, was recalled from Syracuse of the AHL on Monday. Jonathan Marchessault also scored for the Lightning in this one, his third of the season.
Boyle has registered eight goals and two assists in 28 games. We project him to tally 10 more goals and six more assists over the remainder of the season.
- NHL suspends 2019-2020 season March 12th, 2020
- Blues take home first Stanley Cup in franchise history June 13th, 2019
- Nikita Kucherov signs 8-year extension with Lightning July 10th, 2018
- Kings, Drew Doughty agree to eight-year extension June 30th, 2018
- John Carlson, Capitals agree to 8-year extension June 25th, 2018
- Sharks sign Evander Kane to massive seven-year deal May 24th, 2018
- Predators' Roman Josi (lower body) set to miss second straight game Thursday October 12th, 2017
- Predators rolling with Pekka Rinne in goal for season opener October 5th, 2017
- Frederick Gaudreau's goal in Game 4 makes history as Predators tie series June 6th, 2017
- Filip Forsberg scores as Predators tie Stanley Cup Finals 2-2 June 6th, 2017
- Roman Josi picks up three points as Predators take Game 3 June 4th, 2017
- Predators won't announce Game 3 starter June 2nd, 2017