Oilers recall veteran Nikita Nikitin
Defenseman Nikita Nikitin has been called up by the Edmonton Oilers.
Despite being in the second season of a $9 million contract over two years, the 29 year-old Nikitin started the season in the minors. He posted 9 points (one goal, eight assists) in 14 games in the AHL.
Nikitin has yet to play in the NHL this season, but he recorded 10 points (four goals, six assists) in 42 games last season for the Oilers while posting an average time on ice of 19:38. Edmonton allows the 25th most goals per game at 2.9, so they could use as much help on defense as possible.
- NHL suspends 2019-2020 season March 12th, 2020
- Blues take home first Stanley Cup in franchise history June 13th, 2019
- Nikita Kucherov signs 8-year extension with Lightning July 10th, 2018
- Kings, Drew Doughty agree to eight-year extension June 30th, 2018
- John Carlson, Capitals agree to 8-year extension June 25th, 2018
- Sharks sign Evander Kane to massive seven-year deal May 24th, 2018
- Oilers' Cam Talbot will start on Monday against the Jets October 9th, 2017
- Cam Talbot named the Oilers' starting goalie for Wednesday's home game October 4th, 2017
- Laurent Brossoit defending the post for Edmonton on Sunday April 9th, 2017
- Cam Talbot will don the pads as Edmonton visists San Jose April 6th, 2017
- Oilers will have Cam Talbot between the posts on Tuesday April 4th, 2017
- Oilers' Cam Talbot to man the crease against the Kings March 28th, 2017