Rex Burkhead to be Patriots' 'top ball-carrier' Week 1
New England Patriots running back Rex Burkhead will be the team's "top ball-carrier" against the Houston Texans in Week 1, expects NESN's Doug Kyed.
This contradicts the beliefs of ESPN's Mike Reiss, who said Thursday he expects Burkhead to be "eased into the mix." Burkhead is not on the Week 1 injury report after dealing with a knee injury during the summer. It doesn't sound like Sony Michel (knee) will play, so it'll likely be Burkhead and the occasional Jeremy Hill touch on early downs versus the Texans, with James White contributing in the passing game.
numberFire's models expect Burkhead to score 12.4 FanDuel points at a cost of $6,300 in the opener. He's the RB14 in our weekly PPR fantasy rankings.d
- Terry McLaurin (contract) absent for Commander OTAs May 24th, 2022
- Kyler Murray expected to be at Cardinals mandatory minicamp May 24th, 2022
- Jaguars' Travis Etienne (foot) a "full-go" for offseason program May 23rd, 2022
- Elijah Mitchell viewed as 49ers' top back May 23rd, 2022
- Browns' Deshaun Watson reportedly meeting with league this week May 16th, 2022
- Jarvis Landry signs with New Orleans May 13th, 2022
- Texans reportedly agree to 1-year contract with Phillip Lindsay March 20th, 2021
- Texans sign Tyrod Taylor to one-year deal worth up to $12.5 million March 16th, 2021
- Texans sign center Justin Britt to 1-year $3.2 million deal March 6th, 2021